Stoney Creek Travel
Weaverville / Asheville, NC
Toll Free: 877-658-2582
American Queen Steamboat Company
American Queen Steamboat
American Empress Paddle Boat
Cruises On United States Rivers
All Inclusive Fares will include:
- Shore excursions to fascinating river towns and cities on special "steamcoaches".
- One-night deluxe hotel stay & transfers before OR after voyage included in the price
- Complimentary bottled water, soft drinks, coffee, capuccinos
- Complimentary wine and beer with dinner
- Complimentary bottled water and soft drinks.
- Complimentary wines and beers with dinner.
- An array of sumptuous dining and snack options including regional cuisine by famed American Chef Regina Charboneau.
- Captain’s Champagne Welcome Reception and Gala Dinner.
- Hot and cold canapes at cocktail hour every evening.
- Riverlorian on all cruises
- Lavish showboat-style entertainment -- Big band, Dixieland jazz, music from the 40's, 50's, 60's
- Indepth enrichment programs
- Multiple dining options. Menus feature old-fashioned comfort foods, American classics, and twists on old favorites
Spa treatments (Available but not included in price)
Why purchase a USA river cruise with The American Queen Steamboat Co?
- Pre-voyage luxury hotel stay in originating city, complimentary with each river cruise.
- Most cruises that originate in one city and end in another will have motorcoach shuttle at a norminal cost to originating city.
- Dedicated fleet of luxury motorcoaches for shore excursions. Guests will be guided by same crew members at each river city stop. Exciting shore excursions provide an in-depth immersion into the history, culture and cuisine of America’s Heartland.
- Multiple, specialty dining options are included in cruise price. Experience local cuisine with a gourmet flair. Think Creme Brulee French Toast or Bananas Foster French Toast for breakfast. Southern Culture theme cruises will offer Southern menus, for example. Meals are one of the highlights of cruising on the American Queen. Specialty dining is complimentary. Special dietary needs can be accommodated, and light healthy options are available.l
- Complimentary specialty coffees, bottled water and soft drinks throughout your voyage. and complimentary wines and beers at dinner. Fresh fruit is complimentary in staterooms and suites.
- Accessible staterooms are available in inside, outside, and verandah staterooms. Elevators access each deck level.
- Gracious, friendly service from a professionally trained all-American staff. There will be no language barrier between guests and crew. Only nice, kind, friendly people keep their jobs on this boat.
- The warm and inviting Victorian ambience. Public rooms and room accommodations are decorated with Victorian charm and carefully selected antiques.
- Elegant-casual attire -- no formal nights unless you want to "dress up" for dinner.
- Daily lectures by the Riverlorian, the onboard river historian. Special themed cruises feature authors, celebrities, impersonators, historians.
- Professional showboat-style entertainment nightly. Nightly dancing to swing and big band music as well as ballroom dancing. The boatsl feature a Riverlorian on every voyage, lavish showboat style entertainment also includes theme cruises.
- Enthralling calliope concerts and a chance for guests to play!
- You will experience a relaxing vacation, and an enriching cultural experience while learning about this great country, the USA.
- Groups begin with only 5 staterooms with 2 occupants.
American Empress Room Categories and Descriptions
Category A: Suite with a Verandah
Semi Private Verandah/Vista View Deck Access
Category B: Superior Verandah Stateroom
Sitting Area or Panoramic Forward View
Category C: Deluxe Verandah
Category D: Outside Room
Category E: Verandah Stateroom
Semi-Private Verandah with Vista View Deck Access
Category LS: Luxury Suite with Verandah
American Empress Deck Plan
American Queen Room Categories and Descriptions
Category LS: Suite with Veranda
Sitting Area with Sofa Bed French Doors Open To Promenade Deck
Category AAA: Suite with Veranda
Sitting Area with Sofa Bed French Doors Open to Promenade Deck
Category AA: Superior Outside Room, Private Veranda
Category A: Deluxe Outside Room with Verandah
French Doors Open to Promenade or Observation Deck
Category B: Outside Stateroom with Verandah
French Doors Open To Observation Deck
Category C: Outside Room with Verandah
French Doors Open to Observation Deck
Category D: Outside Room with Verandah
French Doors To Cabin or Texas Deck
Category E: Deluxe Outside Room with Bay Window
Category F: Inside Stateroom
Observation or Promenade Deck
Category G or H: Inside Stateroom
Category I: Inside Stateroom
Category SO: Single Outside Stateroom
Category SI: Single Inside Stateroom
Embarkation Day - A complimentary transfer is provided from the designated pre-cruise hotel to the American Queen on embarkation day.
Disembarkation Day - Transfers to the airport or to the post-cruise hotel on disembarkation day are available for purchase.
Special Amtrak Fares – For guests that would like to see a bit more of the country, Amtrak offers discounts for both seniors and AAA members on both one-way and round-trip Amtrak travel. Passengers with questions about schedules, fares and accommodations may call Amtrak toll-free at 800-USA-RAIL or may visit http://www.amtrak.com. This is an ideal way to avoid the hassles of flying and works well for most of our departure and arrival ports. Unlike the airlines, Amtrak does not charge for checked luggage. Tickets may be purchased from a travel agent or directly from Amtrak.
Some routes may require overnight stops in one direction or another; the cost incurred for any layovers is the responsibility of the passenger. For complete train schedules and information about accommodations, visit www.amtrak.com.
Special Hertz Rates – One-way and round-trip rate with a free membership in Hertz #1 Club Gold. To obtain a Hertz #1 Club Gold membership, visit www.hertz.com/gold and enter Corporate Discount Program # 1774703.
American Queen Steamboat itineraries on the American Queen Steamboat include:
Upper Mississippi River cruises are between St. Louis and St. Paul
Mid Mississippi RIver:
- Between Memphis and St. Louis
- Between Memphis and Nashville
- Mississippi and Cumberland Rivers
- Mississippi and Ohio Rivers
Lower Mississippi River:
- Between St. Louis and New Orleans
- Between New Orleans and Memphis
Upper Mississippi River
- Between St. Louis and St. Paul
American Empress Sailing Schedule
Portland (Vancouver, WA) - Clarkston, WA
2016 - 8 Nights / 9 Days
4/2, 4/16, 4/30
Clarkston, WA - Portland (Vancouver, WA)
2016 - 8 Nights / 9 Days
5/7, 5/21, 6/4
6/18, 7/2, 7/16, 7/30
Ports of Call from Vancouver -- Reverse Schedule from Clarkston.
Vancouver, WA or Spokane, WA (Hotel Stay)
The Dalles, OR
American Empress Astoria Dining Room
American Empress Paddleboat